Thought of the week: Pass the positive vibes please!
We have all been at a dinner table where someone asks “please pass the salt.” Typically there is nothing notable about the actions you take when you pass the salt. You are simply going through the motions. What if you were more intentional with how you “pass the salt” by adding an extra dose of positivity to it? Maybe you pass it with a smile or a compliment, which turns an ordinary moment into something meaningful to the receiver.
I had an uplifting encounter this morning while doing my weekly routine. I went to get my Peapod grocery order and was greeted by what I can only describe as an “uber happy” employee handing me my groceries. He never stopped smiling. He had such a positive vibe in his demeanor that I wanted to bottle it up and hand it out to anyone having a bad day. I thought to myself “how can someone be this happy?” It seemed unreal, but at the same time it was quite contagious.
This experience was so pleasant, it made me think, “What if we all gave off this positive vibe to the people we encountered” What chain reaction would it create? You never know when someone is having a bad day and needs a little lift. I was so happy with the vibrant energy I received during my routine grocery run that I contacted the Giant customer service to let them know what an excellent employee they had. I hope my action started a chain reaction of the joyous vibe I encountered today.
My thought of the week is this… Let’s all try to pass on positive vibes we encounter and connect with the people around us, because you never know what a difference it can make or how far your chain reaction can reach!
Here are some easy ideas on how to pass positive vibes:
- Hold the door open for someone and smile
- Let someone go ahead of you in line if they seem rushed
- Send a care package to a friend you don’t see much but care about
- Write a note thanking the person who waited on you at a restaurant in addition to the tip thanking them for their service
- Let someone merge in traffic and wave
- Write notes of appreciation and love to three people who have changed your life for the better
- Buy an extra cup of coffee in the morning and give it to a coworker
- Simply smile more!!!!
Leave a comment if you have more ideas!