Depression & Anxiety
Experiencing feelings of sadness or hopelessness?
Struggling with anxiety or stress? Are you feeling “stuck” in your current situation? Therapy can help get you unstuck and we have space for you in our Catonsville office and hold counseling sessions virtually.
Living with depression and/or anxiety can feel overwhelming at times. Here is the good news… It can get better! Working with a counseling professional provides you with a safe environment to identify the thoughts, feelings, and patterns of behavior that are contributing to your symptoms. Counseling can also help you learn new coping skills to live the life that you want.
Some common anxiety symptoms:
– hot and cold flashes
– racing heart
– tight feeling in the chest or chest pains
– struggling to breathe
– snowballing worries that get bigger and bigger
– a racing mind full of thoughts
– a constant need to check things are right or clean
– persistent worrying
Some common depression symptoms:
– Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
– Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
– Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as hobbies
– Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
– Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
– Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food & weight gain
– Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
– Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
– Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
– Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, or suicide attempts
– Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
Stride Forward Counseling offers professional therapy services for anxiety and depression in Catonsville, MD. Contact us for effective treatment and find support on your path to healing.